NATIONAL LIVING WAGE
Some Good News
Over a million workers in the UK aged 25 and over are set to directly benefit from the 50p per hour increase.
What You Need To Know About the National Living Wage.
• The new National Living Wage rate is £7.20 per hour
• It will apply to those aged 25 and over only
• It will become Law on the 1st of April 2016
There is a difference between the National Living Wage (NLW) and the National Minimum Wage (NMW)
Anyone under 25 will be entitled to the current National Minimum Wage, however Arena Personnel Ltd will continue to pay all under 25’s £6.70 per hour and no less.
For your information the current National Minimum Wage rates are:
• standard adult rate (workers aged 21 and over): £6.70
• development rate (workers aged 18-20 inclusive):£5.30
• young workers rate (workers aged 16-17 who are not apprentices): £3.87
So in a nutshell. As of the 1st of April 2016 anyone working with us will be paid the following:
Over 25’s £7.20 per hour
Under 25’s £6.70 per hour.
Here are some Useful Links if you are looking for further information.