Overview: We are recruiting for an independent bank in North Hertfordshire. The business is going from strength to strength and the team is growing at a fantastic rate, hence the new additions we are helping them make.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To assist with the set up and maintenance of customer payments and other regular payments.
To assist with the everyday process of the Operations team relating to Account opening for Deposit Customers, assuring quality; error free and mitigation against risk by adherence to AML and KYC procedures of the bank and good practice.
Carry out payment investigations.
Complete all KYC / AML checks for new Loan customers.
Deal with customer enquiries.
Provide back up support and service on banking operations.
Proactive in proposing and providing processing solutions.
Registering and approving customers to the online banking system.
General database maintenance.
- Strong customer focus, to include handling incoming customer calls in a prompt and helpful manner ensuring a positive customer experience every time.
- To handle customer queries with efficiency and thoroughness, and where necessary directing customer calls to the relevant parties for further investigation & resolution in a timely and courteous manner.
- Account Opening – responsible for the verification of all processed forms.
- Ensure adherence to the AML and KYC procedures of the bank for all Deposit and Loan customers.
- Reconciliation of customer receipts / payments in and out of the Bank.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
Major internal relationships are:
- The Bank’s management team
- The Bank’s staff
Major External relationships include:
- The Bank’s deposit customers
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Regulatory Knowledge as applicable to role.
- Act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly.
- Knowledge of UK Banking activities, products and processes.
- Understand and follow all relevant compliance considerations including the regulatory environment and appropriate processes, procedures and their implications.
- Ability to identify any relevant business risks and escalate them accordingly.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements and impact on the business.
- Knowledge of the banking environment in the UK.
- Strong communication skills including relationship management skills.
CULTURE AND VALUES
- Maintain at all times the Bank’s high standard for ensuring colleagues and customers are dealt with swiftly and fairly, ensuring full consideration is given to the company’s brand values and to customer/colleague experience and outcomes.
- Promote and adhere to the Bank’s Values – Certainty, Simplicity, Tireless, Integrity.
- Effectively convey information with clarity, integrity and certainty.
- Encourage and support others by listening, communicating and working as one team.
- Promote success with enthusiasm and positively share successes and outcomes.
- Ensure knowledge and skill set is current and evolving.
- Understand and comply with Conduct Rules prescribed by the Regulator, together with the Bank’s policies and procedures
- Maintain an understanding and awareness of financial crime laws and regulations; together with knowledge of the responsibility to report any instance of actual or suspicious money laundering and duty to avoid alerting the customer
Please note: due to the high volume of CV’s we receive, we are unable to respond personally to all applications. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days of your application, please take your application as unsuccessful on this occasion. Good luck with your job search.
Arena Personnel Ltd – Letchworth Garden City’s independent recruitment agency.