Overview: We are looking to recruit a Full-Time Bookkeeper/Management Accountant for an exciting and rewarding role at our client in Hitchin.
This is a chance to join a growing, dynamic and modern Accountancy Practice. Aside from providing high quality bookkeeping and accountancy services, they also pride ourselves on being able to help our clients grow their businesses and achieve their goals. This requires them to be able to demonstrate a keen understanding of their clients, meeting with them regularly, sometimes on a weekly basis. By spending this time with their clients, seeing them in action, looking at the whole picture of their business and not just the numbers, this allows them to make the appropriate recommendations to help their business thrive.
In addition to your bookkeeping responsibilities therefore, you will be expected to develop a keen knowledge of your clients, understanding the needs of their business, keeping the lines of communication open with them. You will be bright, presentable, confident with people, motivated and keen to learn.
You will need to demonstrate a good track record in bookkeeping and have some previous experience in a Practice Role. Your understanding of double entry and basic VAT must be strong. Utilising the latest in cloud accounting practices and technology is also a vital element of how we service our clients. As a result we use Sage & Xero, so you will need to demonstrate the ability to use these proficiently.
This is an excellent career opportunity for someone looking to develop and grow their career in the Accounting sector.
- Liaising with clients regarding financial/accounting and process issues in their business
- Maintenance of general ledger / computerised bookkeeping for clients (Using Sage & Xero
- Bank Reconciliation, Purchase and Sales Ledgers, VAT, Monthly/Quarterly Reporting to clients
- Training and Supporting clients in their use of Xero and Sage
- Working ‘On-Site’ at some client offices as their in-house bookkeeper/accounts assistant
- Learning from more senior staff within the Practice
Requirements for Role:
- At least 12 months previous bookkeeping experience in a similar Practice Role.
- Must own a car and have a UK Drivers Licence (Must be willing to travel to clients based across Herts, Beds & London as well be able to travel to our offices based in Hitchin)
- Must demonstrate a good level of computer skills necessary to operate Sage, Xero, Outlook, Excel, Word and Web Based platforms
- Excellent command of English both written and Oral