Overview: An established commercial fit-out company are currently looking for a capable and energetic Contracts Manager to expand their existing team.
Reporting into the Director, you will be capable of managing all aspects of a project with job values ranging up to £2.5m. The projects will be in and around the 3 Counties and London areas, covering a variety of industry sectors. Their mission is to make the construction process as painless for their customers as it can be, taking away all of their problems and managing projects effectively.
With a friendly and dynamic working environment, this role would suit somebody with drive and ambition who is looking to make use of their existing skillset to develop their career. This permanent position is an excellent opportunity to progress within a reputable company that has achieved great success over a number of years and which is looking to expand further.
Your role will include:
- Building strong relationships with client and project team
- Developing and maintaining relationships with supply chain
- Prepare and maintain high quality project programmes
- Design management and co-ordination
- Effective change control / document control
- Co-ordinate labour resources to achieve programme dates
- Prepare Risk Assessments and Method Statements for any works being undertaken by labour only sub-contract teams
- Undertake material take-offs and order materials, and assist the commercial team with raising subcontract orders
- Ensure all aspects of the build process are satisfactorily completed on time and to the highest possible standards
- Be able to carry out perfect delivery and produce snag free jobs
- Understand project budgets and work with the commercial team to ensure budgets are not exceeded
- Taking the overall lead on projects, co-ordinating design and commercial teams as well as site staff, and maintaining a professional manner at all times
Previous experience of a similar role within the construction industry is essential, and the ideal candidate will have experience of managing their own workload. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in fit out and refurbishment of offices and commercial premises, and some new-build experience, with at least 8 years’ experience in this sector.