Overview: This is an opportunity to join a medium sized fit out and refurbishment company working as Principal Contractor for a wide range of clients including commercial companies, local authorities, industrial & Rail sites along with architects and consultants.
As part of their continued controlled expansion they are looking to recruit a bright, enthusiastic and ambitious Junior Surveyor / Estimator to work alongside their existing team on projects in the £50k to £1M range.
This is a varied and exciting position combining both a pre-contract tendering role and post contract commercial management duties. The candidate should be a good communicator, with a sound knowledge of construction processes and methodologies and the ability to identify value engineering opportunities and develop successful relationships with clients and suppliers.
The position combines office and site based roles. It would suit an organised, self-motivated individual who sees them self as more than just a number within a large organisation. In return for your hard work they offer an interesting and exciting role, and the opportunity to join a vibrant team at an exciting time as they embark on a period of significant controlled growth.
Responsibilities and duties will include:
- – Assist the estimating team by undertaking site visits and surveys, helping to identify potential hazards and/or difficulties in undertaking required works, as well as identifying opportunities to value engineer works to save Client’s money and maximise our profitability. Offer commentary on pricing strategy required for specific forms of contract.
- Assist in managing and controlling risk on projects, including identifying possible risk factors and making recommendations to the Estimator on qualification on tender returns, and ensuring that risk elements on secured projects are effectively managed through avoidance, mitigation and/or transference as appropriate.
- Assist in the formulating and pricing of simple schedules of work, Bills of Quantities and/or specifications based on information obtained from site visits and Client’s brief.
- Breaking projects down into specialist trade contractor and/or material supply packages, and subsequently obtaining supplier quotations to supply / undertake, undertaking tender analyses and make recommendation as to suppliers to be used.
- Cash flow forecasting for secured projects.
- A more detailed role requirement can be issued upon request
A formal construction / surveying qualification is desirable, although the right personality and the ability to learn quickly and develop your skill sets is just as important as initial qualifications. Funded further education will be considered for the right candidate.
An excellent package, inclusive of competitive pay structure, company vehicle, pension contributions, mobile phone, bonus scheme and life insurance, with a great opportunity to grow with the business will be offered to the successful candidate.