Overview: Quality Engineer / CMM Inspector A fantastic opportunity to work for a prototype engineering company who provide high end low volume production sheet metal services. You will be joining a team who pride their selves on giving excellent customer service, with a fast response resolving queries and supplying parts within very short lead times.
Working within the inspection and quality function you will be expected to help them maintain the quality system to ISO9001 -2000 and AS9100.
Validating the quality of machined and sheet metal components and assemblies in terms of dimensional accuracy and structural integrity. Ensure material and process certification is complete for every job. Produce quality documents that support our aims to adhere to AS9100. Create and implement systems that will improve the company’s performance regarding delivery of products wit the target of zero defects/returns. Champion quality throughout the business and represent this to all customer.
Your main duties will include:-
• Programme new components on the CMM machines
• Run parts and complete inspection reports to schedule
• visual batch check
• feedback information to the manufacturing department
Interim & First off Inspection
Maintain ISO9001 – 2000 and AS9100 Quality Systems
• Checking traceability and Identification requirements are satisfied by checking job cards, batch numbers, labels and part marking.
• Ability to program CMM Bridge Machinery/ Romer Portable Scanner Arm CMM
• Knowledge and experience of PC DMIS, Delcam, Power Inspect
• Automotive industry experience would be an advantage
• Geometric Tolerance knowledge
• able to read engineering drawings
• PPAP Knowledge
The company offer excellent rates of pay along with favourable benefits and overtime.
Please note: due to the high volume of CV’s we receive, we are unable to respond personally to all applications. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days of your application, please take your application as unsuccessful on this occasion. Good luck with your job search