Overview: An exciting opportunity have arisen to manage a charity shop in either Stotfold, Royston or Letchworth. This is a varied and interesting role which will give the successful applicant the opportunity to help support a very valuable service that has been supporting our community for over 25 years by raising income through our Charity shops.
The Shop Manager will be responsible for the day to day running of the shop, stock ordering and managing the Assistant Shop Manager and shop Volunteers. Previous retail experience is important and work in the charity sector would be an advantage.
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring that income generated from donated goods is maximised. You will be required to work on a rota basis, which will include some weekends in addition to providing holiday and sickness cover.
Able to demonstrate
- leadership skills
- good organisational skills
- positive commitment to providing a quality service
- an understanding and belief in the aims and objectives of the hospice Interview and application form Experience Able to demonstrate
- retail experience
- management experience, preferable in a retail environment Able to demonstrate
- experience of working with volunteers
- previous work with a charity Application form and interview
Good standard of general education Application form
- Flexibility, perceptiveness and innovation
- Possess a sense of humour
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure and remain calm in a crisis
- Able to work as a part of and lead a team Interview
lease note: due to the high volume of CV’s we receive, we are unable to respond personally to all applications. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days of your application, please take your application as unsuccessful on this occasion. Good luck with your job search.
Arena Personnel Ltd – Letchworth Garden City’s independent recruitment agency.