Overview: We are recruiting for 5 support workers for a new client in Letchworth, covering a small Hertfordshire catchment area. You will need to be a car owner/driver to be considered for this role.
The Support Worker is accountable to the Team Leader, Service Manager and/or Director of the organisation and to the individual receiving the support.
Role and Responsibility
The main responsibility of the Support Worker is to provide direct support to the individuals we support. The role requires the ability to use initiative and work independently and creatively, providing support that enables the individual to have the quality of life they wish for.
To ensure the individual receives the highest quality of support in line with the values of the organisation. The Support Worker will be employed:
- To provide direct support that meets the individual’s person-centred support plan.
- To actively support the individual with their communication and empower them to take control of their own lives.
- To ensure the individual remains at the centre of their support.
- To support the individual to be fully involved in meetings as they wish.
- To support the individual with their emotional well-being and relationships.
- To ensure any concerns regarding the individual, and/or any safeguarding concerns are reported to the Team Leader, Service Manager and/or Director at the earliest opportunity.
- To adhere to, and implement the policies and procedures.
- To monitor the individual’s mental, emotional and physical health.
- To support the individual to manage their finances.
- To treat the individual with dignity and respect at all times and allow them choice and control of their lives.
- To support the individual to develop and maintain relationships within the community, including their friends and family and neighbours.
- To assist the individual to explore and take part in activities and where possible, employment opportunities.
- To provide personal care in accordance with the wishes of the individual and in line with their support plan, respecting dignity at all times.
- To work with the individual to develop and maintain new skills.
- To communicate respectfully with the individual and other members of the support team.
- To support the individual and/or their family to report any concerns or complaints.
- To support the individual to meet their household responsibilities.
- To take part in regular Supervision and attend team meetings and training as required.
- Duties may vary from time to time in line with the need of the service and as agreed.
- Experience of working with individuals with Learning Disabilities, and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder, either paid or voluntary (this can include caring for family/friends).
- Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently using initiative and equally, as part of a team.
- Ability to work flexibly, including alternate weekends, evenings and bank holidays.
- Ability to support individuals that may challenge, calmly and effectively, including implementing clear boundaries when required.
- Ability to forward think and problem solve.
- Willingness to complete Induction and relevant Mandatory Training.
- Commitment towards own professional and personal development.
- This post is subject to Enhanced CRB, DBS and ISA clearance.
- Where using own car for work purposes, a copy of full driving licence, MOT certificate and business class insurance certificate MUST be provided.